Healthy Diet Plan – Build it Yourself Step by Step
A healthy diet plan is mainly based on some simple and easy to follow rules. Following these rules you will understand the principles of having a healthy eating habit and you will succeed in having a perfect silhouette in a short time.
7 essential steps for a healthy diet plan to work
Step 1 – follow the 7 rules of a healthy diet plan.
When people decide to have a healthy eating and to lose weight, most of them start to think about the calories intake and what food should be eliminated from the diet, without thinking about what to add instead. A healthy diet plan is based on 7 simple and easy to follow rules. In a short time you will know what to eat (what food is appropriate for your needs), how much to eat and when to eat (you will learn to consume the proper food at a proper time).
1. Take 5 meals a day, small but rich in nutrients – your metabolism will be stimulated (you will burn more calories), blood sugar level will be steady, you digestion will be improved and your level of energy will increase. Eating every 3 hours is the most important change you can do in your new healthy diet plan! It is important to see each meal that you have as an opportunity to feed. A snack does not mean a small chocolate!
2. Consume complete proteins with every meal you have – complete proteins contain essential amino-acids.
Every time you eat, in your food there has to be a source of complete proteins with a low level of fats. The role of the proteins in a healthy diet plan: they stimulate metabolism, reduce body fat, improve muscle mass after training. The best sources of complete proteins are: meat without fat (chicken, beef, turkey), fish (salmon, tuna), glair (occasionally you can consume the entire egg), low-fat dairies, protein supplements.
3. Consume vegetables with every meal – while proteins and cereals increase the acidity of the body, vegetables and fruit increase alkalinity; the pH of the body is alkaline. On a long term, an increased acidity of the body may lead to some disorders, among them being osteoporosis and disorders such as losing muscle mass. Vegetables contain vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. All these three elements are essential for physiological processes of the body. Imagine your body as an extremely complex mechanism, and the vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients as the three most important ingredients for its proper functioning while following a healthy diet plan.
4. Consume fruit and vegetables during the day and other carbohydrates only after training – the body can take advantage of carbohydrates best during and after the training. Do you want to eat whole wheat bread, pasta, rice and potatoes? You can do it, but at least 2 hours after the training. Will you gain weight? As long as you follow this rule, you will not. This is the perfect time in order to consume most of the carbohydrates necessary for your daily energy. During the day it is advisable to consume carbohydrates from fruit and vegetables, because they are alkaline, produce a low level of insulin, regulate blood sugar, contain much more fiber and ensure a bigger intake of micro and macro nutrients. The best moment to consume fruit is in the morning, one hour before having breakfast. During the day, in order to have a proper digestion, you should consume fruit one hour before or after the meal. When you want to lose weight, it is recommended to avoid the consuming of fruit in the evening.
5. Consume healthy fats daily – having a balance concerning fats, you will improve your body health. It may seem difficult than it is, but everything you have to do is to add mono and polyunsaturated fats to your healthy eating habit. Saturated fats come from animal products: dairies, meat, eggs. You do not have to worry about the deficiency of saturated fats, but you have to control them. Monounsaturated fats come from olive oil, nuts, almonds, peanuts, avocado and polyunsaturated fats can be found in fatty fish, flax seeds, hemp seed and hemp oil.
6. Avoid drinks with calories during your healthy diet plan, such as fruit juices, carbonated juices and alcohol.
You have to drink a lot of water in order to satisfy your thirst. If it is necessary, you can consume different types of tea, such as green tea, an excellent antioxidant, diuretic, brain stimulant, fat burning stimulant and with anticancer properties. Even if many people say that natural juices are a healthy alternative for carbonated juices, they are not nutritive at all, they cannot replace the consuming of fruit and vegetables.
7. Vary the food in your healthy diet plan – every meal has to be “good looking”, with many different products and colorful. In the spring season you can include strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, replacing them in the autumn with apples, peaches, pears. You can also replace the chicken from the supermarket with the one from your grandparents or frozen spinach with a fresh one.